As the number of mobile web users expands, an effective way for companies and individuals to interact is through the use of QR Codes.
QR or “Quick Response” Codes, are small printed bar codes that, when captured with a mobile device, allow users to visit web sites, send emails, get product information, see a location on a map, send a text message, play a video, interact with social sites, place phone calls (to numbers not in their address book), and many other actions, without typing a single character. Anyone with a smart phone or tablet can scan and read QR Codes with the click of a camera.
QR Code Readers
For your phone to be able to read QR Codes you will need to have QR Code barcode reading software installed on it. Visit your phone’s app store and search for “QR Reader” or you can click the link below to visit a popular QR Code reader website.
Don't have a QR Code reader? Click Here
Using QR Codes to Connect with Your Audience
Combine QR Codes with our variable data digital printing, and you've got an innovative marketing powerhouse. Increase usability and response rates with an increasingly-mobile audience. White Oak can help you incorporate QR Codes with your marketing and communications strategy.
Personalized QR Codes
White Oak can help you utilize personalized QR Codes, a technology that allows you to provide each of your audience members with a unique QR Code. Personalized QR Codes utilize a PURL to increase the relevance, response and tracking of your marketing efforts. Each Personalized QR Code is dynamically generated to include personalized text, offers, contact information, maps, or a link to a customized landing page.
Examples of QR Code uses:
Business card with V-Card encoded
In-store point of sale directing customer to extended product information.
Real estate "For Sale" sign linking to agents website listing for that property.
URL encoded QR code for online ticket purchasing.
Here are some ideas for how QR codes can be used:
- Place a QR code on product packaging, directing the user to a web page displaying nutritional information.
- Place a QR code in an advertisement or poster for an event, directing the user to an event registration or ticket purchase page.
- Place a QR code in an advertisement in a magazine, allowing the reader to interact with an on-line version of the same ad.
- Include them on your business card, allowing you to easily share your contact information.
- Use on an event poster, leading to a web site containing more important details.
- QR codes on product labels can lead users to complete product information.
- Include in magazine or print ad. For minimal space, you can direct your “readers” to unlimited information on the web.
Imagine the possibilities and uses of QR Codes:
- Business Cards
- Coupon Codes
- Promotional Offers
- Event Promotions
- Personal URL (PURL)
- Marketing Collateral
- Magazine and Print Ads
- Business Cards
- Direct Mail
- T-shirts and Apparel
- And much more!
QR Codes are perfect for connecting people to:
- Promotional landing pages and entry forms
- Personalized landing pages and microsites
- E-commerce shopping sites
- Product demos, video and reviews
- Reservation systems
- Virtual business cards
- Downloadable and scannable coupons
- Quickly transport users from print materials to online sites
- Can be used on a wide variety of mediums; from billboards to postcards to magazines
- Allow marketers to track response for their offline marketing
- Eliminate the need for users to remember or type a URL or promo code