Is direct mail a life hack? According to LifeHack.org, the answer is yes. At least, it’s a marketing hack every company should know. Here are 10 reasons direct mail needs to be one of your marketing hacks.
1. Increases branding and keeps your company top of mind.
2. Is one of the most inexpensive, yet most effective marketing strategies.
3. Is seen by 98% of recipients the same day it is delivered.
4. Evades the spam filter.
5. Can serve a variety of marketing goals, from short-term promotions (coupons, flyers) to an ongoing, more extensive customer retention strategy.
6. Builds long-term customer relationships. Think birthday cards, holiday reminders, and newsletters.
7. Serves as an information-gathering tool. Surveys and questionnaires are a great way to leverage direct mail.
8. Is highly measurable. Think coupons, codes, and campaign-specific landing pages, as well as call tracking.
9. Is highly targetable. With all the data available, direct mail can be targeted with extreme precision.
10. Can be a powerful part of an integrated, cross-channel marketing campaign. According to the Direct Marketing Association, using two channels increases the customers’ value by 20-60%. Across three channels, it increases the customers’ value 60-125%.
Want more reasons to love direct mail? Give us a call.
List drawn from “The Importance of Direct Mail to Your Company’s Marketing” (LifeHack http://www.lifehack.org/articles/work/the-importance-of-direct-mail-to-your-companys-marketing.html).